Slip Slidin' Away

The weather cooler I spent yesterday and this morning getting caught up on the housework I was behind on. Also, I have had not one...but two sick dogs so it has been a puke fest. I spent a good portion of yesterday morning scooping and shampooing. Well this morning my largest dog, Lilly, decided to throw up ONE more time. As I was pushed her out the back door she let go. I was ok with that...thank God it was not on the carpet again. So I went and pulled the hose out to spray the porch off, put the hose away, was heading back in when I noticed a box on the porch that needed to go out to the recycles. Just as turned, my foot slipped and down I went. I hit my bottom and right hip pretty good. I could hear crack and pop and there were no 'Rice Krispies.' Immediately I cried out to God "Please Father keep me from serious injury. Please help me to be ok." So I slowly rose and there was no searing pain in the hip or back. Just to the butt. So long story short I have a beautiful purple bruise on my bottom and my upper thigh. I am quite proud of the bruise because I have never been one to bruise. I have injured myself very badly in the past and only had a slight scrape. At least a bruise shows what you feel which is pain. So tonight, it hurts but nothing I can't handle. I am thankful I can walk, bend, sit, move. Sleeping might be a chore. Tomorrow will be a new day. I ask you to pray I do not suffer any side effects and I just continue to heal. There is no time for the weak. Only the strong survive. I am so thankful I have "Junk in the Trunk" or boy i don't think my joints or bones would have had a chance.

My therapy today included holding CJ for hours. I was able to feed him, kiss him, change him, and just enjoy him. He is just perfect. Him and his mommy spent the afternoon with the kids and I. It was bliss....well except for needing to share with his aunts. They had to hold him and have their kisses and hugs too.

I have come across many blogs the last two days. There are some amazing Godly women out there. I am thankful they too want to share their life. They want to share their faith. The fellowship of believers has taken on a new aspect for which I am thankful. To read about a Mom who struggles because her kids keep fighting or how the 'girls' bathroom is a female version of a boys locker room and dealing with throw up and so on....just keeping it real. It's such a blessing to me. It encourages me by allowing me to see it's not that I am failing as a Mom, others have the same struggles. They also share deeper aspects of life. Be it spiritual or world affairs.

God is amazing. How life keeps shoving crap into our faces and yet God gives us peace to stand firm. He gives us guidance to make a difference. He gives us Love to make changes.

Psalm 67
1 May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us,
Selah
2 that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations. 3 May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you. 4 May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples justly and guide the nations of the earth. Selah
5 May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you. 6 Then the land will yield its harvest, and God, our God, will bless us. 7 God will bless us, and all the ends of the earth will fear him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop - Baby PIcs

My Favorite Vacation Spots

Soon....