Problems or Purposes

Oregon is in the middle of a heat wave....ok, I know it's only day 3 but that is 3 days TOOOO long. I went to bed last night and the thermostat on my living room wall read 88. I get up this morning and the thermostat reads 83, that's with 2 air conditioners running all night. One at each end of the house. So I sit here, whining about how miserable it is and thinking about the shower I am going to go and take. Then my healthy kids will rise and want their breakfast. They will put on a set of clean clothes. They in turn will whine about what to do today. I will throw a load of laundry into the washing machine. My husband is at work. I may or may not make my bed (it's a great place to drop when I get overheated...it's by the ac) and I will just go about living today. Considering our financial woes. Wondering about friends who are struggling with issues. Curious if my 'adult' kids are doing ok. Pray for all the above and much more and feeling a little 'whelmed' with life. Pretty pathetic. My kids are not starving. We have fresh running water. I have a home, clothing, car, and enough material items to fill 3 second hand stores and yet I will whine about the heat. Whine about this and that.
I received a 'fwd' via e-mail this morning. I almost deleted it without reading it but for some reason decided to give it a look-see. Probably one of those God moments that we tend to overlooks because it's so subtle.

Here is a part of it, it's a quote from Rick Warren, author of Purpose Driven Life:
"No matter how good things are in your life, there is always something bad that needs to be worked on. And no matter how bad things are in your life, there is always something good you can thank God for."
"You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems."

BING! My purposes, not my problems. To show others the love of Jesus. To raise my kids (including "orphans") with love and grace. To teach these kids about the Love of Jesus. To bless others with music. To....to....well, there will be other purposes in my future. Life is ever changing. Some of those purposes are only a glimmer in my heart. Some of those purposes can't be fulfilled yet. And yet....we never know if one of our purposes in this world will be fulfilled through our death.
Always keeping our heart/eyes on Him. Daily seeking Him. Daily walking in that Grace and Mercy He gives so abundantly. Some of us need more of his mercy than others. I am one of those! I am not a good person. I am not a faithful Child of God. I am a sinner saved by Grace.... I am saved by the blood of the lamb. I walk in His mercy. Each day I die to self more and more. I put myself aside to try and be more like Jesus. I know me better than anyone (aside from God who knows me better than I know myself). I know I am not the person I was. I know I am not the person I should be. I know I am not the person I want to be. I know I am the person God Loves and He will continue to love me. He will daily give me His Grace and Mercy. The day I am complete and become who God directed me to become, will be the day I enter 'glory.'
Until then, I will learn to whine less. I will learn to work harder. I will learn to love unconditionally. I will learn to keep my mouth shut. I will learn to trust God in ALL things. I will learn to have faith through the darkest, scariest, hardest trials. I will learn that good and bad will be a constant parallel in my life. I will learn to focus on my purpose and not my problem. I will learn!
So, what is your purpose in this life? Are you learning???..........................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop - Baby PIcs

My Favorite Vacation Spots

Soon....