A New Creation

I love our zoo. We recently had a baby elephant born there. Here is the link to the website regarding 'him.'
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/08/zoo_elephant_rosetu_begins_lab.html

He has since been reunited with his Mommy and they are doing great. They opened up the viewing area this weekend to allow the public to see him.

Despite the controversy or these elephants or any zoo animal, I am thankful these beautiful beasts are safe, well fed, and able live in safety from poachers. I am thankful to have the opportunity to see one of the most beautiful and magnificent animals God ever created...but I feel that way about all the animals at the zoo. God is amazing in His design and creativity. You go from seeing the incredible Zebras to the Naked Mole Rat. Hmmmmm....! Maybe that was His sense or humor!?!?!
I will make a trek to the zoo to see the new baby...but I will plan for a day that maybe not all of Portland will be there. Though that won't be easy. He will be little for a while so I am in not too big a hurry.
Other info on our zoo elephants http://www.oregonzoo.org/Cards/Elephants/elephant_herd.htm
and here is info regarding the little elephant Chendra. The kids and I were fortunate to be able to see and touch Chendra. Last summer my oldest daughter K was working at the zoo. When they had an employee (and Family) bbq. We were able to pick a "Behinds the Scenes" and we chose the elephants. We were so surprised we found out we would actually be able to touch one of them. It was not my first encounter with an elephant. I took the kids to 'Wildlife Safari' in Winston Oregon http://www.wildlifesafari.net/. The kids took an elephant ride and Mom, the photographer, stayed behind. Both experiences were supreme. At the zoo employee night we were also able to feed and touch a giraffe. Who can not even imagine how amazing those creatures are until you are standing at their hooves and then climb the flight of stairs to look into their eyes. I do love animals and I am greatly thankful I am able to give my kids opportunities to learn and appreciate them as well.
On the sixth day of creation God created animals and then people. Genesis 1:24-31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning-the sixth day."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop - Baby PIcs

My Favorite Vacation Spots

Soon....