Oh the Enchantment

What a great day. The weather perfect and a day full of fun and laughter. I was able to take 'most' of our kids to Enchanted Forest http://www.enchantedforest.com/ today. We also wrangled Grandma into coming. The trip there and back went great and we enjoyed the displays and the new ride, The Challenge of Mondor.

I have been visiting Enchanted Forest since 2nd grade when our class took a field trip there. I am now.....(ummm adding) 43. There is soooo much there that is still the same and so much that has changed. I wish I had pictures of when I use to go as a child but I don't and the memories are vague. I know I loved it then and still do. It's been such a blessing to be able to enjoy it over the years with my parents, my sisters, my nieces, my nephews, my husband, my children, my foster children, and hopefully next year with one or all of my grandkids. Amazing. It was created and is ran by a family and it is a great family place to go.

Sadly the disc in my camera is new, cheap, and off brand and I am having problems with it. I pray I don't lose my pictures.

This was MK and LBs first time going to Enchanted Forest and they, of course, loved it. They did not want to leave.

My bum is still a little bummed so that made the day a little more difficult but I didn't let it stop me. I did forgo the slides. I wasn't quite that strong spirited yet. It was, however, the first time I haven't ridden the slides.

I am so thankful for my kids. They bring me such joy. I hate that my body is aging and I am losing some of my energy because if I could keep little ones in the house until I die of old age, I would be a happy woman. I love the little ones but I will confess...it's those preteens and teens that are going to be the death of me. Why oh why do they start off so loving and so sweet and then transform into a person you don't recognize. Sad but true. But we love them through it and wait for the day when they morph back into the child you gave birth to.

As I said, it was a good day full of laughter and fun. God blessed us with sunshine and great traveling traffic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop - Baby PIcs

My Favorite Vacation Spots

Soon....