I can't imagine


I can't imagine what it would be like to not be able to feed my children. I can't imagine it and I pray to God I never experience it. Have we become complacent to children starving? Is that possible? I believe so. I have. I have not thought about it for a while. I have not done anything about it for a while. On other blogs I have seen pictures and read stories of children starving in Haiti's. Is this even on the news? I admit I watch the news rarely but what I have watched never showed the devastation of the floods, I NEVER saw a story about the schools that collapsed, and I never see stories about starving children in Haiti or anywhere for that matter. I see an occasional newspaper or magazine story. I see an occasional commercial, but no story on tv news. Then I read the blogs who share this information and it breaks my heart. As I get so tired of cooking, I see pics of little kids on the brink of death. Literally on the brink. Having no food for my kids.....watching them starve. I can't imagine.

I can't imagine not having drinking water. I don't do what I can to save water. I still shower almost daily. I still do tons of laundry. I let the water run until warm in order to rinse my mouth after brushing my teeth. BUT inside my heart there is a fear of not having drinking water. Truly, sometimes when I get me a glass of water I look at it and give thanks to God for it. I don't care that is full of chlorine even. It's clean and it's drinkable.

When I lived on a farm we had well water that was not drinkable. It was sulfur water. It made the entire house smell. The gas from the water eroded copperware off my walls. It even turned the discolored the matting on a picture hanging on the wall. It was nasty and I always felt I smelled. Then we were blessed to drill a new well. That time we got clear water BUT it was iron heavy. The house smelled better but I still could not drink it. So when people complain of city water, I say in my mind "you have no idea what it's like not to have drinkable water." And truly I don't either. When we had the sulfur water we would drive 15 (key word drive) minutes to our in laws and fill the large containers. It was such a hassle. But now I know there are people (mainly women) in this world who walk for miles to fill their containers with dirty, muddy water. Water that can kill them. I just can't imagine not giving my child a drink of life sustaining water and having them dehydrate. I can't imagine.

So much heaviness on the heart. It is too heavy for some. I understand. Many who are advocates don't, but I do. Sometimes what is going on in your life is almost more than you can deal with. So a blind eye must be turned to the true tragedies going on around us in order to stay sane. I don't turn a blind eye but I do lift up tied hands. So I pray. I pray for all those suffering. I pray for all those who are doing what they can to help. I pray for Jesus to come SOON.

Because I can't imagine what it's like and I pray with all I am I never experience it! Come Lord Jesus, Come.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hEKs8f9wzaX_Ldmn02lxn1093AzwD94ITU4G0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop - Baby PIcs

My Favorite Vacation Spots

Soon....