A 'Golden' weekend




This weekend was a busy one.
> My adult son J and my step son A participated in a softball game Saturday morning. It was Fairview vs Troutdale. This weekend was Fairviews 100th anniversary. Our team (Fairview) lost but it was fun and the teams seemed to have a great time.
>I would like to have visited some of the other activities but we needed to head to Harrisburg (OR) for a VERY important celebration. It was a party for my Aunt and Uncles 50th 'Golden' wedding anniversary. They were an important part of my life when I was little. We moved to Oregon when I was 6 (or 7) and they were the only relatives here. They were so kind, so loving, and sooooo funny! They always made me laugh and still do. My uncle always had/has a happy tune to whistle and I so remember my aunt having the most beautiful singing voice. I remember watching her sing at church and thinking "wow...I want to sing like that." Don't know if I ever achieved that, but I do know singing has always been my passion. In Grade school, High school, with a college choir, nursing homes, and with church. I have never been a great performer but I love to share music that speaks to my heart. So between my very talented Mom and my talented aunt, the foundation for music was laid. I adore my aunt and uncle. I am glad God brought them together 50 years ago and has kept them together. They have given a lot in this world and I say "Thank you and I LOVE you!"
>I was also able to stop in Salem/Keizer to get some clothes for my two new kids. Some GREAT clothes. My mom had stopped the day before I did so she picked up dresses for 'the girl' and then the next day I picked up some shorts and shirts. On Sunday, on the way home from Harrisburg I stopped at my nieces home. She has two boys and she had tubs and boxes of clothes for me to go through for 'the boy'. Amazing clothes. The kids are stocked up now. We will need winter coats eventually and 'the girl' will need some more jeans and pants but other than that...they are all set. THANKS Angie and Kristy!!! By the way.....visit 'My Kids Stuff' in Keizer Oregon for some wonderful consignment clothing and etc for infants and children! It has been a part of our family for YEARS! Now it's under new (non relative) ownership but it's STILL a part of our family! It's a blessing, though some might say it's a curse.....'The Little Shop of Horrors" (family joke)
We then made it home safe and sound. A little weary but not bad. We had a great time at the hotel last night. I was letting each child have their own "spaz time" while I video taped with my phone. It was hilarious, they had a great time of laughing and it helped to get them all ready for bed! I will try to post one or two of the videos...some day when I am not so weary!
In the meantime, think upon this:

1 Thessalonians 5:16
"Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop - Baby PIcs

My Favorite Vacation Spots

Soon....