'Firsts'

I am an older mom. I have been down many roads and have been going down different roads for many years. There isn't much I haven't been through yet in my life or the lives of my children. I have raised 3 step kids who are all adults now and have their own children. I have two grown children who have started their families as well. I still have several at home of various ages. So I have experienced and witnessed many things. But this I know...when your child is going through something for the first time...you have to be there for them %100. It's not always easy believe it or not, but worth it. I can't tell you how many teeth I have had to pay for but with each one I have to have excitement for that child. I can't tell you how many homemade gifts I have recived...countless...but each one is the greatest gift of all time. I'm tired these days and my enthusiasm is waning....but I give it my best. I show them this is the single greatest moment of all time.

Tonight...my step son 'A' went to his first formal. He is a High School Freshman. It was planned in December but due to poor weather it was canceled, so it happened tonight. Now in my heart I wasn't real excited about him going to a dance we spent too much on tickets, dress shirt, shoes, tie and portraits...but it's his first and so, I had the camera out taking pictures like I had never done this before. I sent him off with a smile on his handsome face. I listened to his stories when he came home and I will ooo and awwww over his pictures when we get them. Because this is his life, his time, his 'firsts.'


There are some first though, my heart will be deeply grateful for. Firsts that nothing can compare to and that is when each of my children, grandchildren and great grand children come to know Jesus as their savior. When they make that commitment and then go forward and get baptized. That will be 'firsts' I will never and can never tire of. Those are the 'firsts' I pray for. All these many 'firsts' are fun and exciting but are not eternal. The first time they can truly understand the saving grace of our Lord...that is eternal. A first forever.


So i will enjoy their 'firsts' and I will pray and hope and wait in anticipation as they have their names written in the 'Book of Life.'


"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that who ever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life"...John 3;16

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are an amazing woman. God bless you.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop - Baby PIcs

Soon....

My Favorite Vacation Spots