What I am Thankful For and What I Would Be....

Wow....it truly is not an easy task to document what a person is thankful for....truly thankful for. We go from being thankful for our home to being thankful for water and sooo on but the truth is...I am thankful for my home and I am thankful water....oh so very, deeply thankful. So I will give a run down.....these are in now way in order of thankfulness.....

Jesus
The Bible
My parents
My grandparents, though they have all gone 'home'
My kids
My home
My dogs
My husband
Jobs
The State of Oregon
Clean yummy water
Clothing
Our wood stove
All the free wood my husband has gathered
My siblings
My nieces and nephews and the greats too
My grandson and the grandson on the way
Education
Books
Washer and dryer
Showers
Hot water
Missionaries
International orphanages
Humanitarian organizations
Thanksgiving Dinner
so see the list could go on and on....life is amazing!

There are a few things I WOULD be thankful for....

Self control with eating and exercise
Spouse who would get on track and stay there
Vacation to Hawaii

AND this one...especially in honor of Thanksgiving!


No TV on Thanksgiving.

I can not express enough how sad it is that this country has allowed a beautiful holiday to be tainted with something so trivial as football. How a lovely family day is torn by the obsession with football. That is NOT family time. Never has been and never will be. But it isn't going away....except in my house. Football is not allowed on Thanksgiving...many in my family are THANKFUL that Thanksgiving is NOT held at my house. hahaha
So...that's my rant on that!

So much to be thankful for...so much! which that in itself makes me so THANKFUL!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING
"The Lord is my Strength and my Shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for Joy and I will give thanks to Him in song." Psalm 28:7
"That my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever." Psalm 30:12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop - Baby PIcs

My Favorite Vacation Spots

Soon....