His Good Purpose


Life has been a whirlwind...again. Time passes so quickly and is so full. How thankful I am for my life though. Busy everday trying to create lessons for my girls and their homeschooling. Busy with the public school kids and their activities, homework, and half day kindergarten. Busy creating lessons for the 'Kids Klub' at our church. Busy trying to clean up this house on a daily basis. Working at cleaning out and up. Busy making plans for my home and plans for my life. It's just busy....but who's isn't these days!?! Those who serve God and those who don't.
The memory verse for the 'Kids Klub' kids at my church (Woodland Park Baptist, Portland Oregon) this week is...."For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose." So, the question is...is He working through me? YES! to act according to His good purpose? YES! I believe it in my heart. All things are set into motion within my life that God has allowed. Am I continually faithful to fullfill all those actions? Yes and no. I am not always faithful in my attitude or my stewardship of time management, but I do always get back on track to work on or complete those things that He has me working on. I may not always respond well, I still have learning to do, and I still have a stubborn spirit to get in check...but I am willing to allow God to continue to work on me and through me. Praise be to His name. Prior to Christ, I was who I chose to be and I did what I chose to do and felt empty and void. Now I am who God has designed me to be and I am doing what God has prepared for me to do "for we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10" and I am exhausted and... yet fulfilled. Is it hard....OF COURSE! Was being in chains or stoned for declaring Jesus easy? Our Father does not promise the road we walk with him will be filled with Daisy's and cotton candy clouds but He does promise He will see us through.... "and God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work" 2 Corinthians 9:8..... He will give us everything we need, His Grace is sufficient, His power is made perfect in our weakness. I am weak and I am wrapped up in a strong, stubborn flesh...but I am filled with a pure and perfect Holy Spirit.

I do have some regrets. I do desire to be healthier and be capable of so much more, but I am what I am now due to poor choices when I was younger. Even poor choices made after I became a believer. It takes a looooong time to learn Gods wisdom and to fully become the person God has called you to be. When you are a new Christian it seems everything will be perfect and great in your life but that is far from the truth. We will still live in this world, we still suffer consequences of other peoples sins and we still suffer consequences of our choices. But hey....We serve a living God. A God that is gracious and just. A God is that is all knowing. A God who will continue to love us and help us. How beautiful He is!

So, I am busy...swamped...exhausted....but oh so thrilled to have the life I do. To have this difficult husband who is allowing me to learn patience and trust. These kiddos who are allowing me to learn unconditional love and prayer without ceasing. My parents who gave me life and gave me love. So thankful to be serving a risen Savior. I am so blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop - Baby PIcs

Soon....

My Favorite Vacation Spots