Fruit of the Storm

Do you recognize the fruit of a storm in your life? The storms, trials, are meant to teach us. Teach us many different lessons. Sometimes I recognize the reason, sometimes I do not. Maybe I don't always because it's not Gods timing for me to know what the storm was about. I may have even missed the answer because it was not delivered in the way for which I had asked. But as I age...or should I say 'mature' I learn...slowly, but I do learn. I know there will be fruit. I know it can manifest itself in many ways. All the lessons learned come by way of faith.

Mark 4:37-41

And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

In the midst of the storm we run to Him. We pray and ask for deliverance, for wisdom, for peace and it always comes. Maybe not in our timing but it comes. At times in the form for which we have asked, but most times the answer is in a way we did not even consider and other times there is silence, but it's always the perfect answer. Remember the song by Country star Garth Brooks called 'Unanswered Prayers?' The chorus goes like this, "Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers" Amen to that. When we are in the midst of a trial...a storm, what seems like silence (when Jesus was sleeping during the raging storm) is actually the answer. The peace comes from knowing He will answer and His answer is perfect. I type this not only to encourage but also to remind myself. His answer is perfect. In knowing that, I gain peace.

Philippians 4:7
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

This was the lead in to my story and a visual..... The Portland Metro area had a severe wind storm recently....just after the Blizzard and monsoon. It took out many many trees. My husband came across a 'tree cutting' business dissecting a tree. He stopped (he has no reserves when it comes to stopping and talking to people) and asked where they were going to take the wood, they said to haul it off. He then asked if they wanted to haul it to our home and guess what...they DID!!!! amazing. Free wood. Fruit of the storm. Hubby has work ahead of him but we feel very blessed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop - Baby PIcs

My Favorite Vacation Spots

Soon....