What a week...

I said what a week but actually it all started on Saturday and a trip to the E.R. My little MK had an encounter with a chain link fence and she lost. The sound of one of your little ones screaming makes your heart stop. The first thing that happened was I heard something that didn't sound right...the kind of sound you stop and listen and you hear it, but really you don't...I think it is the heart that hears it and not the ears. So I stopped what I was doing and listened with my ears all the while heading towards our front door. Then I could hear a blood curdling scream as I got closer to our front door. My mind started to whir at this point. Before I could get to the door my little girl MK came flying in screaming that she got hurt. On her forearm was a hideous gouge/cut that ran width of her arm and just as deep. A trip to urgent care and then a trip the Emergency Room and 5 1/2 hours later my poor girl had endured serious pain of people checking the wound, an i.v., a wound washing, injections of lidocaine (which are horrible), and then the stitches. It was such a horrifying day. Trust me, I know, it could have been worse...it wasn't life threatening but in our world (our "playground" as our pastor would say) it was horrible. My poor dear ended up with 14 large stitches. It will be a pretty nasty scar. The things I was very thankful for was the GREAT nurses the Lord had there for us. I am thankful for the pain of the i.v. that delivered morphine to ease her pain and fear. I am thankful for medical care. Thankful for the meds that helped her with her pain and enabled her to sleep. Thankful my heart did not explode! She is doing well. She is back to school and enjoying the limelight...still sore but back to herself now.

On much more pleasant notes the day of the accident I learned that my 35 yr old niece is pregnant. She has a daughter who just turned 10. I was so surprised. Then yesterday a family friend who is the mother of 5 beautiful girls had a baby boy! So happy for them. Baby news is always exciting.

My girl K is due to have my grandson last part of May. I have come to the realization I won't be there for the birth. That pains my heart greatly. I at least wanted to be there to care for toddler grandson while mommy and daddy were at the hospital. I have prayed and prayed about it and it appears that God is making preparation for them...without me. Makes me sad, but I accept what God desires for my girl and for me.

Romans 3:22
"There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus."


Justified Freely, Redemption through Christ Jesus! We are redeemed because of one thing.
JESUS!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop - Baby PIcs

My Favorite Vacation Spots

Soon....