Post Coooonnnnncerrrrrt!

Oh goodness...what a great time we had. My girl was so excited....and so was I! We met some friends at the church where the concert was being held. We met them at 5, ate some dinner and had great fellowship. At 6 we were able to enter the building. We stood in line to get our girls t-shirts. My friends 3 girls each got 'The Afters' t-shirts and my girl got a 'Casting Crowns' t-shirt. The concert started right at 7.

We were in our seats and ready at 7. The first performer was Lindsay McCaul. She was amazing. We both LOVED her voice. We bought her CD. The next group was 'The Afters,' my girl fell in love with them! The next group was 'Sanctus Real.' THENNNN...Casting Crowns came out and sang the new song (and movie) Courageous! They were fantastic. During intermission Mark Hall invites youth leaders to attend a meeting...I knew this was coming so I grabbed my girls hand and led the way. All the while she is saying...where are we going, whats going on. I said trust me. We got to the room, listened to an assistant talk about 'Global Youth MInistry' and then Mark Hall comes walking out. We were just steps away from him...my girl was so star struck! I loved it. He had great things to say about leading and ministering to our youth...and do you think I can remember any of it? NOPE!!! I hate that. He said something so great...I loved it...wanted to write it down...didn't...now can't remember what it was. ugh!
All evening I kept looking for Marks wife...have always wanted to meet her. She seems to be a pretty amazing woman. She is mom to 4, the youngest is adopted and has some health issues. She home schools her kids and she is CC's road manager. Wow! Would loved to talk to her. Never saw her........it wasn't until until about 2 days later I saw a past Tweet she had posted and it was a picture of Mark Hall talking to US! She was standing back behind us and I didn't even know she was there! DANG! Wouldn't have had the nerve to walk up to her and talk to her...but would have been cool just to see her.


Pre Concert

My girl with 'The Afters'

Casting Crowns unplugged

All the performers up singing 'Until the Whole World Hears' Yeh...I rocked this song!

Picture Taken by Mark Halls wife Melanie, you can see the back of my girl and I . We are in front and she has her hand on my back.

We are ready to rock!

Waiting in our seats

Mark Hall, pic not taken by me

Our friends




Listening to Mark Hall speak about Youth ministry

With Lindsay McCaul, and Josh from 'The Afters jumping into the shot' LoL

My beautiful girl with my Favorite Christian Rock band!
LOVE this pic
So we went back to our seats, part 2 started....CC is amazing. AMAZING. I love their hearts for our creator. I love their hearts for missions. I love their hearts for service. I love their hearts (and great talents) for music. Oh and Mark Hall is funny too...that's an added bonus! They reconfirmed why I love this group so much. I now have a great liking for 'The Afters' and I really like Lyndsay McCaul. She was phenomenal!
GREAT GREAT evening....provided by GOD! 
We were ready to leave and saw we could get autographs from The Afters and Lyndsay..so we did that. Then we heard CC would be coming up to give autographs! We were thrilled...I Was amazed at how God was blessing us. I have met them before but oh how I wanted my girl to get a chance to meet them...and she did. We left that building at 11:15....it was worth every drop of sweat and achy feet. God is so good! What an amazing blessing! I pray groups like we saw that night never ever lose sight of what a gift they have been given to be able to live their hearts desire and share with others the glory and beauty of praise and worship music. That was not the road chose for me...but I sure can dream...and Mark Hall has no idea what amazing harmony I did with him that night!!!  :-)
p.s. just realized I posted a video as a picture...sorry!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop - Baby PIcs

My Favorite Vacation Spots

Soon....