October?

Seriously? October? How..when did that happen? I just can't believe it. Sometimes this whole 'time' thing is really hard to wrap the brain around. Life goes by so quickly. Most days I wish it didn't, but there are those days when I am glad it does.


There hasn't been too many exciting events in the Porter house, aside from camps, school starting, stomach flu, and things like that. Just 'run of the mill' stuff. We had 2 monumental birthdays this summer. A 16th and a 13th. Yikes! There is exciting events in our very near future though. The adoption is only but a day away. Our entire family is over the top excited about that. Will be glad when the document is signed. Then I can take a deep breath. Today my baby has a final state conducted visit. There has been no indication of possibility of bio mom taking flight with BG, but yet my heart feels cautious. There will be 2 case workers present so that does give me some comfort. I am not worrying, but I am praying. Will be glad when she is back home to me and in my arms. Then the visits will be quarterly and bio mom will have to make initial contact. I am praying for bio moms heart. I pray she will come to know Jesus as her savior. I am praying her heart will not be crushed to where she can not see the light. I pray she will have comfort in knowing her daughter is in a loving home. A home that adores her. A home that prays for both of them. It's an emotional week, tinges of sadness but oh so rich with joy.
The other event soon in coming is Christmas. It will be marvelous Christmas. One where our 'new' daughter will be celebrating as a Porter. Also, my eldest daughter K will be coming home and bringing my precious grandson with her. They will be here for Christmas and WA first birthday. He is just too precious for words and oh how my heart aches for him. To learn that my daughter, his Mommy, is expecting a baby again made me a little sad at first. Sad that my girl will have so much work to do. Sad her poor back would go through this again so soon. I am happy she is ok with it. I am happy that she doesn't have to work and she has her own home. I know she is happy to be with her husband, as well she should be. He will hopefully be there for the duration of this pregnancy. I will try to be there for the delivery, but those darn babies have minds of their own.


Homeschooling is challenging. Last year we went to a virtual school through our local school district. I was told by a parent that the kids are pretty self reliant. They can just cruise at their own pace. Well....we joined late last year and I didn't get a whole feel for it. I needed something that would free me up. Something they could work on for themselves. I feel we have just be given 500lbs of bricks. My girls are not able to do their work on their own. They need so much assistance. I thought it was just my girls, but the advisor told me yesterday the curriculum is difficult. The majority of kids need constant assistance. sigh. We will manage. I feel I have no choice. I won't send them back to public school, private school is not an option, and we can't afford Christian curriculum so we will stick it out.


So much on my mind anymore but never time to write it all down....well write it down and make sense of it.


Tomorrow...will be a great day! Adoption day. So far it sounds like many friends and loved ones will be attending. Watch out Multnomah County Courthouse...you are being invaded by many who love BG!!!! GOD ROCKS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop - Baby PIcs

My Favorite Vacation Spots

Soon....