On it's way out...

February is already on it's way out! I just can't seem to say it enough...time sure flies! I have tried reducing my activities in order to create more time for family and my home and yet there doesn't seem to be more time. God knows what He is doing. Times are hard and will get harder. If the days were long and seemingly never ending, our hearts could not endure. Watch the news for an hour and see the truth in that.

The family is going great. Alot of illness this year...stomach flu and resporitory stuff. There is never a moment goes by that someone is blowing their nose, sniffing, coughing or clearing their throat. Quite an orchestra! But other than that all is well.

I have lost 17lbs and gained back about 4. Fatigue has returned. I felt great for a while and then wham the energy was gone. So frustrating. Last week was not a very good diet week. I do so much better when I plan our meals in advance and have everything purchased. So easy and yet many times I just don't do it. But I am still not giving up. I MUST get some of this weight off. My poor body needs me too. If food just wasn't so darn good! Talking with friends at church last night...we discussed how when you get sick to your stomach, such as stomach flu, and then you eat something or smell something and it adds to the feeling sick....you usually never want to eat it again. I came up with a great diet. Get the stomach flu and make yourself eat everything that you love...maybe once you are better you won't desire it anymore. But then again I worked for someone who had stomach bypass surgery, once she returned to work she discovered that everytime she ate chicken she would throw up. Guess what...she continued to eat chicken. She would shut her office door and we could hear her throwing up. Sad, but true. I would probably be just as bad.

An exciting event for our family is a new puppy. After our last puppy, several years ago, I told myself I would NEVER get a puppy again. Too much mess and too much work. Well...I have felt the need for a little dog, complete opposite of our two moose dogs at the moment. I have been searching for about 8 mths. I wanted just the right dog. I finally found her. She was at the Oregon Humane Society and she was THREE months old. ugh!!! But I saw her and knew she had to be the one. We went and met her and fell in love. She had 3 holds on her. They were able to remove two of the holds while we were there but we had to wait 24 hours for the other hold. It was a painstaking 24 hours. No one showed up for her. They needed to pick her up by 10:30 am....I called at 10:35...thought it kind to give a few extra minutes. As soon as they said she was still available for us...we jumped in the car and went. She is great. ALOT of work...but great. The kids adore her, our Great Dane adores her...our Whiner (we call him) does not adore her. He doesn't really even tolerate her. She scares him and irritates him. He is better this week, but still gets irritated by her. Other than that...it's been fun. She is so much like my kids...my daughters. She is a sweet, snuggly little spitfire! She is a 5 1/2 lb half Papillion and Pomerian. We named her Mia (Me-ah). I think I was needing a baby. Haven't had a baby placed with us for almost a year.

Wonderful news for our family is my Hawaiian daughter and her family will be moving to San Diego. My son inlaw has re-enlisted for 6 years and was assigned to San Diego. We had hoped for Washington State but am happy with SD. It's a world closer and cheaper to get to than Hawaii. They will be coming to visit in March. Not sure when but know they will. Can NOT wait to hug them and hold them all. It has been a year February since I was with them. Too long. The longest I have ever gone without seeing my daughter. We are all very excited. I am praying she finds as nice a townhome as she had in Oahu. I will greatly miss having a home connection in Oahu though and if I ever go there to vacation they will be on my mind all the time, seeing the all the things we did together. I am very proud of my son inlaw for the decision he did. It was not an easy one. I am one happy mama!

I have not started any new ministries. I did join a ladies bible study. We meet once a week. I am still on worship team and enjoy it very much. I have more control of my voice since I had my thyroid removed, that pleases me greatly. Not sure what the Lord will do with me. Right now I am caring for my family, and interacting with bio families of my adopted and foster kiddos. That hasn't been easy and I pray I am a good witness. I spend most of my time caring for my home. If that is all I am ever called to do, I will be satisfied....but I am sure the Lord has more in store.

Going to attend a Chris Tomlin concert in April. I can NOT wait. I love praising and worshiping with 100's-1,000's of others!!! It's amazing.

God is good all the time. I love Him and I hope my life glorifies him.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop - Baby PIcs

My Favorite Vacation Spots

Soon....