2013....Happy New Year, again...already!

Like is but a breath, a vapor, a mist...the bible refers to and what truth once again. As I look over a few pages of my blog, starting at my last entry which was August of last year, I can't believe the time that has passed and the events that have unfolded and it is all in the blink of an eye. Some of that is good....most of it not so much, especially when it comes to my kiddos. Oh how I desire for them to stay little and young.  When they become adults (I know, because I have two) it seems that time slows and then you can catch a breath and enjoy the pace...then what happens? They give you grandchildren. It's back to the races as you watch your sweet grandchildren spring up before your eyes. But, what amazing beauty God has blessed us with. Life is full of sadness and heartache and tragedy....but the thread of beauty is always there. Sometimes blatant, sometimes subtle. blatant would be to hold a newborn and sit in awe of the miracle that you are beholding. Subtle would be to catch a glimpse of one of your children sitting, doing nothing but just sitting there and have tears well up into your eyes as you marvel at the beauty of that creation! My focus is always the children, whether they are members of my household or a little one in the store or one in a far away country who is needing a home. There is so much beauty in this world to behold, and it swirls all around us and I appreciate it, I glory in it. Such as Mt. Hood. I gorgeous, majestic mountain that I can see from the area I live in....a creation of God that deserves appreciation....but have a child walk past me and let me see the beauty of their souls through their sweet eyes, it will bring me to tears every time.

Much has happened since August of course. We have one foster boy living with us. A great kiddo. So handsome, so tender hearted, gentle and kind. It's been good and bad having him reside with our little guy LB. They are a year apart and play hard, but they also destroy and cause quite a ruckus. Playing hard means more noise and minor devastation left in the wake. That's just the way it is. Only they could through a cloth ball the size of a baseball that is so light it can't even be measured, hit the pull string on a ceiling fan causing the chain to swing up and hit the glass, shattering it all over my mothers bed. Yeh....who would have, could have thunk?!?!? Not me and for sure not them. His reunion with his mother eminent which is good. We thought before Christmas but now it appears it will be slower than that. Which is fine. He loves his mom and enjoys the visits but doesn't seem in too much of a hurry to make things final. There is history and the history would make anyone hesitant. Thankful for his sensitive spirit.

Since August I have dealt with tennis elbow and oh how painful. In October my dad suffered an episode which they are classifying as heart failure. It was a moment of dizziness and instability, and then weeks of weakness. Many tests and everything came out good, oddly enough. His heart is just wearing out. My parents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary. I had the honor of organizing that event. It wasn't what I had wanted it to be but they seemed very happy. All their kids (5 of us) were there and the majority of their grand and great grands were there. Church family and friends also came. It was a good time. My parents looked happy. Another one of the moments of beauty and blessings.

I had the remainder section of my thyroid removed in December. In 2000 I had the left side removed due to enlargement and this time the right side. It was pretty darn big and uncomfortable. Still recovering from that little stint! Taking daily meds has been ok. Wasn't looking forward to it and it would be nice not to have to...but it is what it is. The week after surgery I had the stomach flu along with 3 of my children...that was fun...NOT! Eventually all our household and a few other family members had it as well. Christmas was here and gone before I knew it. I wasn't ready for it to leave...but it did Anyways. New Years was quiet and relaxed....!

I have family members still unemployed or underemployed which is so sad. Things are not better in that area. Yes unemployment is down, but they don't factor in that most of the employment is part time at 20 hours or less. No one can make a living on that. Still hoping things will turn around.

January we welcomed a Japanese exchange student. Have never hosted an exchange student before so this exciting. A little nerve wracking at first, but put faith in God knowing that if he allowed the counsel to pick us then God had someone special planned for us. We picked her up on the 8th and she is wonderful. Does not speak English well, but she tries very hard and she is just a beautiful young lady. Very sweet. We are enjoying it...especially my youngest BG. They adore each other and are having a blast. My BG gets ALOT of attention but doesn't always get the play interaction she needs. Mayu does that. After school they will play for a good 2-3 hours. Very endearing. It will be hard to let her return home, but I am sure she will be more than ready. A month away from home is such a long time. I am grateful for the opportunity and so are my two older girls.

My Hawaiian kids are doing good...except my daughters Navy husband is deployed right now for a month and a half. We are thankful though he was here for the holidays and for my grandsons 3rd birthday. That was an answer to prayer. He is deployed to San Diego right now switching out his ship. Always feel sorry for my girl when she is alone. sigh!!!

What is in store for 2013? Who the heck knows....we don't even know how many hairs are on our head, but the one who created us does....so I choose to stay by his side. I am sure this year will be much like all the other years, bad times, good times, and great times!!!

My local adult children, my son and his family are such a blessing. It's great to have to have a continuing good relationship with my dinlaw. Plus I get to see my grandson weekly. For that too I am so grateful

For you for this new year: The Lord Bless You and Keep You , the Lord make his face to shine upon you and give you peace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop - Baby PIcs

My Favorite Vacation Spots

Soon....